Decaf K Cups
"Which decaf k cups are the best?" It's really no wonder that this is one of the questions we hear the most. For many of us, having coffee after about 3:00 in the afternoon means a wrestless night and pure exhaustion in the morning. Well, we've given the entire list below. Pay close attention to those decaf coffee k cups listed in bold. We feel that those are really the best of the best.
Where to Buy Decaf K Cups
Full List of Decaf K Cups
Here is a full list of the decaf coffees we've sampled along with our tasters' notes.
Extra Bold Dark Roasts
- Emeril's Jazzed Up Decaf — Quite dark with an ashy burnt aftertaste.
- Green Mountain Dark Magic Decaf — A great option. Wonderfully complex. If you enjoy a medium-dark roast, this is an excellent choice.
- Timothy's Decaf Rainforest Espresso — A solid decaf with a nice bit of sweetness. Quite dark, but without any charred taste.
- Tully's French Roast Decaf — A solid decaf. Avoids the ashy charred taste so common in French Roasts. This has a nice flavor.
- Newman's Own Organic Special Decaf — Great dark roast with nice complexity. The decaf version is nearly as good as the fully-leaded k cup.
- Caribou Blend Natural Decaf — This is a solid medium decaf. It does lack a little in the complexity department, but is still good.
- Green Mountain Vermont Country Blend Decaf — Great medium decaf. It's very smooth with just a hint of acidity. It is a little thin, but we still found the taste to be pleasant.
- Timothy's Colombian Decaf — Very good decaf. It has so much flavor, we could swear it was an extra bold k cup, even though the packaging says otherwise.
- Tully's House Blend Decaf — Tully's makes some of the best k cup coffees; however, this is not one of them. The House Blend screams decaf and has an unpleasant aftertaste as well. Not recommended.
- Van Houtte Swiss Water Decaf — There's nothing really "wrong" with this one. It has a nice acidity and acceptable flavor. All of our tasters, however, thought the swiss water decaf was ultimately boring.
- Green Mountain Breakfast Blend Decaf — A solid decaf if you enjoy light roasts. One of the things we like about this decaf is that it retains a nice brightness, which is often the first thing to go in decaf coffee.
- Green Mountain French Vanilla Decaf — As we've mentioned elsewhere on this site, none of our tasters like the combination of vanilla and coffee, so as expected this coffee didn't rate well. However, it is good for what it is. If you like vanilla coffee, try this one out.
- Green Mountain Hazelnut Decaf — Very light roast that failed across the board with our tasters.
- Timothy's Decaf Hazelnut — A decent offering for a flavored decaf coffee. Has a nice hazelnut flavor.
- Van Houtte Hazelnut Decaf — Nice body but with a bit of a chemically aftertaste. This one is just so-so.
Return from Decaf K Cups to K Cups
Return from Decaf K Cups to One Cup Coffee Home