Keurig B30: A Closer Look at Keurig's "Mini"
The Keurig B30 (and it's counterpart, the B31) are quite different from nearly every other k cup brewer. Let's start with looking at the key features.
- 8oz maximum brew size
- Cup sensor detects when mug is placed
- Compatible with My K Cup
- Very quiet
- Available in red, black, and white
- 7" wide, 10" deep, 11" tall
- 7 lb empty
- 700 watts
- UL approved for household use only
- Brewing time: under 3 minutes (to heat water and brew)
- 1 year limited warranty
Keurig B30 Mini Review
While most of the k cup brewers have focused in providing a larger and larger water reservoir. The Keurig B30 goes in a completely different direction. In fact, the water reservoir has been removed altogether. As a result, the "Mini" is a truly unique animal. Here are the things that you need to know about the B30.
- Small/Portable — It should be no surprise that when you take away the water reservoir, the Keurig brewer becomes very easy to transport. This machine is perfect for the college dorm room, an RV, or a quick weekend trip to the beach.
- Longer brewing time — Because there is no water reservoir, the "Mini" must heat each cup of water individually. Whereas nearly every other one cup coffee maker will produce a cup of coffee in about a minute, the B30 takes about 3 minutes.
- Same brewing technology as the rest of Keurig's line — There is a common misconception that the B30 produces an inferior quality of coffee than the more expensive brewers. This is patently false. We've tested this machine extensively. It brews at a consistent 192 degrees and produces identical coffee to the B40, B60, and B70.
- "Adjustable" brew size — Technically, the B30 is designed to produce an 8oz cup of coffee. In reality, however, this size is only the maximum. There is no reason that you cannot have a smaller, more intense cup. Just add less water. The B30 will brew with however much water you put into it. If you put in 5oz, you'll end up with a strong 5oz cup of coffee. This is a great trick for those of us who want as strong a coffee as possible.
This is a fantastic brewer, and we've heard of very few problems. We've had this coffee maker for over five years and have toted it all over the globe without a single issue. We expect this brewer to last a long time. The only consistent complaints we get on the Keurig line of brewers are regarding the water pump. Since the B30 doesn't even have a water pump, the B30 has avoided some of the woes of the "higher end" brewers.
Keurig's customer service is absolutely top notch. If anything goes wrong with your machine during the one year warranty, Keurig is a breeze to work with.
The Keurig B30 Mini is a great machine for those who are looking for coffee on the road or for coffee in cramped spaces. The unit retails for $89.95, making it one of the cheapest of the k cup brewers.
Return from Keurig B30 to Keurig Coffee Maker
Return to One Cup Coffee Home