Melitta Coffee Pods
Melitta coffee pods are geared to the price-conscious consumer, who is looking for a quick, solid cup of coffee. The price is really amazing. You can get an 18-count of Melitta pods for under $6, which with today's coffee prices is great.
In terms of quality, these are a step up from most supermarket brands and a step down from the great pods produced by The Coffee Artisan and Fratello (go back to our main page on coffee pods for the "best of the best" pods). However, since the really great pods range from $6.99 - $8.99 for a box of 18 pods, Melitta may be a good option for your everyday coffee.
Let's take a look at the Melitta pod reviews to see what might be a good fit for you. Keep in mind that we've taken off our "coffee critic" hats for these reviews. These coffees are not designed to be award winners. There are no "light, lingering strawberry notes" or any "sparkling acidity" in these coffees. If you're looking for that, you shouldn't be looking at Melitta. We've place our favorites in bold.
- Buzzworthy — As with all of the coffee pods by Melitta, this one does not have much complexity. It is designed to give a morning jolt. The coffee is solid but is a bit thin and bitter.
- Parisian Cafe — A nice, smooth coffee. Solid.
- Vienna Roast — A bold coffee with almost no bitterness or acidity. The flip side of this is that it doesn't have much flavor either. Once again, Melitta delivers a perfectly acceptable cup of coffee at an inexpensive price. It certainly won't win any prizes for taste, however.
- Blanc et Noir — Our favorite of the dark roasts (this one's more of a medium-dark). An acceptable blend of light and dark coffees. Again, not fantastic, but perfectly OK.
- Love at First Sip — Very smooth but also very bland. Get this only if you prefer coffee without much "coffee taste."
- Classique Supreme — A pretty decent medium roast. A definite step up from the supermarket brands.
- Breakfast Blend — Light (but not weak) and very smooth. This is probably the best Melitta pod coffee.
Flavored Melitta Coffee Pods
- Go Hazelnuts — A decent hazelnut coffee. Well balanced.
- Parisian Vanilla (French Kisses) — This is a pleasant vanilla coffee. It certainly didn't blow anyone away, but it works in a pinch.
- Creme Brulee — A well-executed flavored coffee. Most crème brulees are very light. This is medium to dark.
- Vanilla Hazelnut — This is our least favorite of the Melitta pods. Part of this is because it's a vanilla coffee, which no one our panel cares for. However, even taking that into consideration, this coffee is just not good. It is decidedly bitter and the taste just seems "off." The Parisian Vanilla and the Hazelnut pods are superior.
- Pumpkin Spice (Seasonal) — Pretty decent flavored coffee. The pumpkin flavor is pretty light and the coffee is strong enough to keep things interesting.
- Chocolate Raspberry Torte — Very good flavored coffee. This tends to be a favorite of guests.
Decaf Melitta Coffee Pods
- Breakfast Blend Decaf — This is a solid decaf. Not fantastic, but good.
- Hazelnut Decaf — Both the hazelnut and coffee flavors are very light. This was not our preference, but you may want to try it if you like mild coffees.
- Parisian Vanilla Decaf — Most vanilla decafs are outright revolting. This is better than most but still pales in comparison to the caffeinated version.
Return from Melitta Coffee Pods to Single Serve Coffee Pods
Return to One Cup Coffee Home