Tassimo T20: A Detailed Review
The Tassimo T20 is the smallest brewer in the t disc family. This makes it great for people with small kitchens or who just don't like a bulky brewer sitting out. Another plus is that this brewer is one of the least expensive brewers out there, retailing for just under $100. Let's take a look at this brewer in more detail to see if it might be right for you.
- Intelligent barcode technology (to scan and properly brew t discs)
- Automatic cleaning and descaling
- Instant heat-up and fast first cup
- Removable 50 ounce water tank
- Bosch 1 year warranty
- 7.88" wide, 11.75" deep, 11" tall
- 5.6 lbs empty
- 1300 watts
- UL approved for household use only
- Brewing time: 90 seconds
- Retail price: $99.99
Tassimo T20 Review
As with all of the Tassimo brewers, the T20 utilizes the barcodes on the top of t discs in order to determine the precise water temperature, brew time, and pressure needed for each drink. We describe the process more in detail here: Tassimo Coffee Makers.
- The t disc technology is difficult to beat. From almost any objective measure, the Tassimo brewers have the best technology for producing great coffee.
- This brewer can brew a whole range of different drinks. Everything from coffee to espresso to specialty coffee drinks (cappucinos and lattes) to tea to hot chocolate. It's fantastic if you like a lot of variety.
- This brewer does an excellent job with cappucinos and lattes. Only the Nescafe Dolce Gusto rivals the Tassimo coffee makers when it comes to specialty coffee drinks.
- It is tiny, which is great in minimizing the clutter in your kitchen or office.
- Tassimo brewers are significantly restricted in the coffees that are available. This didn't use to be a big issue, but once Starbucks stopped making t discs, the coffee selections started to be pretty thin. If you're picky about your brewed coffee, we'd recommend taking a look at our reviews of various k cup or pod brewers instead.
- This body of the brewer is made entirely of plastic, so it's not as sturdy as the Tassimo T45 or Tassimo T65
You should seriously consider the Tassimo T20 if 1) You want one machine that can brew a lot of different types of coffee drinks, 2) You drink mainly cappucinos and lattes but don't like to hassle with an espresso machine and milk frother, 3) You don't mind not having a large variety of brewed coffees available to you, and 4) You are looking to save both space and money.
Return from Tassimo T20 to Tassimo Coffee Maker
Return to One Cup Coffee Home